MIDI Instruments > Export Audio

Yeah actually I’m set up to do that. I think you were the one that suggested this before, anyhow I needed more MIDI ports anyhow and got the MOTU MIDI Express XT or some such name - anyhow it also includes 1/4 audio jacks for SMPTE conversion to MIDI. Been too busy recently to get to it and almost forgot about it, but I should be able to hack this together now.

Sorry for the necrobump, but am I correct that nothing has changed with this in the past 3 years? Dorico can play back using external sounds from a MIDI instrument, but can’t export audio without doing something like @Brian_Roland 's workaround to bring the audio back into Dorico’s mixer, right? I’ll probably simply switch up and use a VST, but just wanted to confirm nothing has changed with this process first.

On the lower level of the audio engine actually some things have changed, yes, which in theory could make it possible what you want. But then from the user interface side nothing changed in that direction , so you can’t configure or set it up.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s intriguing! It would be a very cool feature to be able to easily export using audio from MIDI instruments, even if the export has to be done in real time.

1 Like