midi interface problems

I just moved to Windows 8.1 from mac so please forgive my inexperience with PC’s but is there a software that will test the midi connections or is there something in Cubase that I can use to do this.
I have 3 Motu 128 Express midi interfaces and it seems like they are connected. They show up in the device manager but I cannot get any sounds out of my synths and my midi controller (connected via midi) is not working either.? Only the usb connected controller are inputting midi.

Help please.

Hi,

there is a great Software called “midi-ox”. You can download it for free, just Google it.
With this you can check any incoming and/or outgoing midi data and you will see wether the Interfaces are communicating correctly with your pc.

Hth

Ernst

They show up in the device manager but I cannot get any sounds out of my synths and my midi controller (connected via midi) is not working either.

Are they showing up in Cubase Device Setup/Midi devices or do you mean in Windows Device manager?

If they do show in Cubase devices are they marked active? Can then select the ins/outs on a midi track?

Thanks for all this.

Loving Windows 8.1.

in 8.1 you can go to change pc settings/devices and see if they are there on start up too I have discovered.