MIDI Interface

My AMT8 will no longer work as I have a new Windows 7 PC and those lovely Apple guys don’t do any Windows 7 drivers. There only seem to be 2 interfaces available with 8 outs on the back: MOYU and ESI. I would have liked stand alone capability but this only happens at £400 with the bigger MOTU ($600). Of the two USB devices, which should I buy. The ESI is core compliant and I have read a rumour that MOTU may end up like E-Magic and so I am tending towards the ESI.
Thanks in advance.

You´re welcome…

In other words, he didn’t see your question…

So…Which should I buy ?? ?

I think he saw your question but thinks you answered it yourself.

“The ESI is core compliant and I have read a rumour that MOTU may end up like E-Magic and so I am tending towards the ESI.”

Which is more important to you, the core compliancy or the standalone capability soon to go by way of E-Magic?

And to those with further answers, I think Toyroom39 is looking for info on these models that he doesn’t know about that may affect his decision.

Finally sorted 6 months after buying the computer and $3000 later (including $300 wasted on changing hardware and upgrading to the useless Windows Ultimate with virtual XP) Resorted to installing real Windows XP with dual boot. Now the old gear all works. Pity really, but no other alternative.