Selecting multiple events on in a controller lane in the MIDI editor is possible but shows visually as a single selected range.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open a MIDI event in the MIDI key editor
- Create a controller lane for any MIDI CC or Pitch Bend (if not already shown)
- Add several events in the above controller lane
- Using the Object Selection Tool (the regular, default selection tool), select a few event in the beginning of the event/lane
- Hold down
Ctrlto add events to the selection and select a second group of events at the end of the event/lane, leaving a number of events unselected in the middle.
At this point, it visually looks like all the controller events have been selected as a continuous range. You can’t tell that some controller events that we purposefully did not select are in fact not selected.
You can test that the selection is accurate by manipulating the selected events from the info bar for instance. The values of two groups of events we selected in steps 4 and 5 can be manipulated and the events we left unselected will not be affected—as expected, but you can’t tell what is actually selected.
- Windows 10 Pro, latest updates as of April 26 2022
- Fresh install of Cubase Pro 12.0.10