MIDI Key Editor - Drag the connection between two notes

This is awkward to explain, but in the MIDI key editor (any Cubase version), I have two adjacent eighth notes selected (attachment 1).

My objective is to change those straight 8ths to a triplet feel quarter note & eighth note
(attachment 2).

As far as I know, I have to do this in two steps: Lengthen the first note to an 8th note triplet quarter note and shorten the second note to an 8th note triplet eighth.

It would sure be sweet if there was a way to drag the intersection of the two notes (attachment 3), which would simultaneously lengthen one and shorten the other.

I’ve seen this done with audio joins and transitions in other apps and it sure is a time saver… does Cubase provide this kind of action on MIDI events?
Cubase-8ths-to-triplet-2.jpg
Cubase-8ths-to-triplet-1.jpg
Cubase-8ths-to-triplet-3.jpg

AFAIK, no. I also wish for this feature, for the same reason. I don’t see any obvious tricks, like cut the second note, adjust the tail of the 1st note, and paste the second note back. The paste happens at the cursor, and there’s no way to move the cursor to the end of the 1st note.

But here’s a work-around.
1: cut the second note
2: adjust the tail of the 1st note. Do NOT move the mouse!
3: shift+alt+L-click = moves the cursor to the mouse position
4: paste the second note.

Hi,

What about a Macro?

Way 1:

• Cut the 2nd Note
  • Select the 1st Note
  • Set Legato to 100%.

Way 2:

• Nudge the End of the 1st Note to the right.
  • Select the 2nd Note.
  • Nudge the Start of the 2nd Note to the right.

Warping midi notes similar like you can do with audio will be useful feature indeed.
Like having hit points between the notes and warp around like you described via screenshots.