Midi keyboard headphone problems

Ive just run into a problem with the sound coming from Cubase. For some reason the sound is only coming through my right ear or right speaker. I would assume this means the Midi output is mono, but have checked the vst connections menu and as far as I can see the output is coming from the left and right, but the left is not having any sound. Ive never had this problem before, so it urks me a little bit. no matter what I try to change it continues to do this. Any help would be appreciated.
I have M-Audio speakers hooked into a M-Audio Fasttrack interface which is plugged into the USB of my computer by RCA cables. When it comes to anything other than Cubase, sound is coming out of both speakers. (YouTube, Hulu, websites, ect)
My midi keyboard is a Novation Launchkey 49 that is plugged by usb to the computer also. I use different VST’s in Cubase to produce the sound.
My headphones are plugged into the headphone jack of the interface.
This is the same setup that I have always had though, and ive never ran into this issue before.
I have noticed sometimes that at first it does seem to work in both ears until I change instruments in halion sonic.

First, do a quick check of the instrument track output routing to make sure they are correct.

Do this by:

• Highlighting an instrument track.
  • Click on the “e” button to the right of the track name in the inspector.
  • In the channel settings menu that pops up you can check the output routing near the top.

It should list “Stereo Out”. Not “Right - Stereo out” or “Left - Stereo Out”.
Change it to “Stereo Out” if necessary report back.

Regards :sunglasses: