Midi Keyboard Setup w/ Audiobox 1818vsl

I am trying to decide on a decent & affordable midi keyboard to connect to my audiobox and use in Cubase 6.5. I really want the Arturia Minilab, but the connection from that keyboard is a USB type B connection and the audiobox has the din inputs…

Is there any way I can somehow connect it differently and still get it to work?

I just want to be able to record midi keyboard parts, etc. in my songs (which are primarily recorded with live instruments through the XLR inputs of the audiobox) without having to switch interfaces…

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 You don’t need to switch audio interfaces to use midi input from a device that is not connected to your audio interface. You can connect as many USB midi devices to your computer directly and you can all use them simultaneously in Cubase. By all means buy the Arturia Minilab and connect it to your PC directly, you should be up and running quickly!

2: To answer your actual question… You can, but you’ll need a USB host to receive the midi output from the keyboard. Something like this: Kenton Midi USB Host – Thomann Nederland
Quite expensive but for live usage this could be useful if your controller keyboard only has USB midi. But again, you don’t need this at all in your case!

Awesome!! Good to know! Thanks for the great info! I just hope I have enough available USB ports now…