Midi keyboard stops working

I love the way I can plug in my midi keyboard after Dorico 3 is loaded, but am having it drop out. The green lights don’t work after a while. I can get sounds out when I click on a rest to pick an instrument in my score, then play the keyboard. But going into note entry doesn’t work any more (and green dot in lower corner doesn’t light up any more). This problem seems to occur randomly – I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Keyboard: CME XKEY 25.

Recently we have several reports like yours, MIDI input randomly stopping.
So far we can’t reproduce the issue and are therefore stuck.
But my colleague has an XKEY and I will borrow it tomorrow and see how that behaves on my Win laptop.

I had the CME XKEY now running for several hours and every once in a while was touching it to input notes and Dorico did always receive the according input and put it into the score.
This leads to the assumption that there is no general problem with that keyboard.

Also, the fact that you can still get sound when clicking on a rest, shows, that it is not a driver issue or that Dorico ceases to receive MIDI. It really confuses us.

Thanks for checking. Note that I found another thread on the topic and put some more information there: MIdi keyboard input stops with Dorico 3 - Dorico - Steinberg Forums