Midi lanes won't play back...

Forgive my noobness… In Pro 10 on Windows
I set my midi transport to New Parts and to Stacked
I set my markers to a section of the song (16 bars), activated the Cycle button
Hit Record and lay down, oh 5 takes on the 16 bars.
While playing, I hear only my “current” take, my present-time playing of the keyboard - so far so good.
When I stop recording, hit Show Lanes, I see my 5 takes as separate lanes, the final take being in normal color, but the others kind of grayed out.
I can Solo the final take, but I cannot, no matter what buttons I press, get the other takes to make any sound.
The notes from each take appear in the Editor, but No Sounds!
Even if I turn one of the “silent” Lanes into a new Track, I can’t hear it, it’s still showing as grayed out, even though it it an entirely new track.

I’m doing something wrong, can one of you proper Experts help this poor newbie out, please?!!

Thanks in advance, friends.
(and let me add that I have tried my transport set to every other alternative (Replace, Merge, Stacked No Mute, Overwrite, whatever) but if I understand correctly, to comp takes in cycle mode and then listen to each take, as you can do with Audio tracks, my settings ought to be New Parts and Stacked - unless I’m truly lost…)

Hi and welcome,

The other lanes are muted. Use the Mute Tool (X) to unmute them or use the Unmute function from Edit menu or Key Command Shift + U.

2 Likes

that worked for me. Thanks Martin.

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to thank Martin… the reality that midi lanes from cycle recording were muted by default was not at all obvious to me, and the X tool to unmute them did the trick. Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I am using Cubase pro 12 and having the exact same issue mentioned in this thread however it cannot be resolved using the mute/unmute method. In the Edit menu, Mute and Unmute are greyed out/not available… The track I am trying to play back does not appear to be dimmed. I’m not having any midi/recording issues when lanes are disabled. Thanks.