MIDI latency on one project but all others are okay....

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I’d appreciate it. I’m working on a tune with about 40 VST instrument tracks. This morning I am certain everything was playing on time as I did a bunch of tracking. All good. This afternoon I got back to work and suddenly there is a huge latency between a key press (on any of my keyboards) and the sample playing. This happens whether it’s an instance of Kontakt, Arturia, Groove Agent, etc.

I disabled all but one track. Then played on that track. No luck.

I started a fresh, empty project and added one instrument track. All good there. No delay.

Opened the project I’m working on… same delay.

It’s specific to this one project and I’m really not quite sure what setting slipped.

Help…??? Thanks, Steve

Also… when I play back recorded MIDI it is spot on. It’s only when I play the keyboard(s) that the latency happens.

Thanks.

Disable all plugins with a high plugin delay anywhere in the project.

Nope… no luck with disabling plugins. I disabled everything. Still have bad latency - but none on other projects. Gonna really dig in under the hood today. If anybody has any other thoughts I’d appreciate them. Thanks…

Okay… solved. If anyone else is having this problem…

I put a waves L316 on the mix bus. In testing I simply bypassed it. Still had the delay. Once I actually turned it off (didn’t have to remove it) everything fell back into place… I was staring at the forest… couldn’t see the tree…