Midi learn/mapping issue

IK support sent me the following info to solve the problem I had automation TRacks Leslie as an insert.

Load Cubase

Insert Audio track and load T-racks Leslie and go to the Leslie Cabinet you want to control.

Click the Gear button and the bottom and setup the correct MIDI CC# you want to use.

Click on the Quick Controls on the lower left of the Cubase Inspector

Click the L button to Learn and click the Slow/Fast Switch on the Leslie Cabinet with your mouse.

Click the Studio at the top of Cubase and go to Studio Setup > Click on Track Quick Controls

Make sure your MIDI device is setup here as Midi input > Under QuickControl1 change the address to the MIDI CC# you need to use. Apply and done.

I might add to this:

However, if you have loaded an instrument track and placed say Blue 3 as your organ front end and TRacks Leslie as the insert you have to load the insert parameter “Speed” replacing the Blue 3 Volume Quick Control parameter or one of the others. You do this by clicking on the Quick Control parameter you want to replace ? scrolling up until you find Ins. And then find the parameter you want. Then follow the steps you have outlined.

Again you have to make sure there are no conflicting control messages with the Blue 3 which will revert the control. I kept finding myself controlling the Blue 3 volume control. Which I think is where the initial problems I had arose given that I won’t be using the Leslie on it’s own unless I use it for my guitar.

Although one annoying thing is that when I alter a parameter in Blu 3 that parameter gets automated.I then have to click on the Leslie Speed lever then press the midi linked controller to get it back. In fact anything I touch gets automated. A bit like King Midas. I am sure that I will eventually sort this out - could be the midi settings of my keyboard.

I posted this on the IK Forum and thankfully I have got it working.

Please do give those examples. I am so grateful for both your and Martin’s help. It has certainly opened my eyes to some other fruitful possibilities for automating all kinds of efx etc. I will be printing out you previous reply to get more of a sense of it. What a great thing this forum can be.

I’m glad it worked but what an ordeal. :smiling_imp: Someone should do a video demo of that.