Midi Logical Presets Greyed Out - Cubase Elements LE AI 9

Hi -

Please forgive me if this is a silly question. I am having trouble with the Midi Logical Presets… they are greyed out and not selectable. Some background:

1. Version: Cubase LE AI Elements 9 x64

2. I know that the logical editor itself is only available in the professional version of Cubase. However, to my understanding, the logical presets located in Midi → Logical Presets should work in Cubase LE AI Elements.

3. I have midi drum events selected in the drum editor. When going to Midi → Logical Presets, the presets show up… but they are greyed out and are not selectable.

4. I did some research, and I was able to confirm that the presets exist in the following directories:

• C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 9\Presets\Logical Edit
  • C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 9_64\Presets\Logical Edit
  1. To test, I downloaded a custom preset or two, and placed them in the aforementioned directories. They show up under Midi → Logical Presets, but as expected, they are greyed out and not accessible.

2. I tried this in other existing projects, as well as in a brand new project and the issue persists… so I know this issue is not isolated to the project I am currently working on.

What else am I missing here? Any input would be greatly appreciated… the thought of manually editing velocities on every single drum event makes me extremely sad lol

Hi,

Make sure the Key Editor is open (and in focus) and some data are in the editor, please.

I’ve tried in the key editor as well as the drum editor. The instrument track has midi drum data that is being fed into Superior Drummer 2.

We can close this thread… I gave up and just purchased an upgrade to Elements 11. That fixed it.