MIDI loop Preview in MediaBay

Hi everyone

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I have recently moved from Windows 8 to Mac, and My Cubase setup works fine except for the fact that I cannot preview any MIDI loops (.mid files) in MediaBay. On Windows 8 this used the in-built Windows Synth, but there isn’t a default equivalent on the Mac. I have played around with the Audio MIDI set up > IAC driver settings but I am not entirely sure what to do. Any ideas who to set up an equivalent of the Windows Wavetable Synth on the Mac? I also can’t just click on a .MID file on the Mac and preview it in the way I would on the PC. Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Mike

what I have done in my VST connections (F4) is define a output pair (2nd tab from the left) and made sure my audio interface was setup correctly to receive those signals. Doing so allows me to preview the midi loops without setting up anythings else. If I am correctly it uses halion sonic to play those loops.

How do I do an equivalent of this on a MAC? On my set up, the ‘MIDI Output’ drop-down in the Scope section of MediaBay only shows the options ‘Not Connected’ and ‘Oxygen 49’ (my USB Keyboard). I obviously need to define or install some sort of device to play the previews but I don’t know how to do this?

How do I do an equivalent of this on a MAC? On my set up, the ‘MIDI Output’ drop-down in the Scope section of MediaBay only shows the options ‘Not Connected’ and ‘Oxygen 49’ (my USB Keyboard). I obviously need to define or install some sort of device to play the previews but I don’t know how to do this?

Hey Bud,
I had the same issue and iI couldn’t find anything about this in the manual but what I figured out is that you can only select a plugin that is on your current session on the MediaBay window for a midi device to use for previewing midi files.

So if it’s a midi drum file insert a drum plugin in your current session and you should hear drum sounds playing.

I couldn’t find a default player so I can’t help you there?

The (F4) in VST connections is used as your output speaker connection or headphone output.

No sure if that helped you any but good luck!