Midi Mapping to keyboard

Hi All,

Ive got a Roland A300 Pro midi controller. I’m trying to midi map relevant functions, but there seem no simple way to do this.

In my old DAW, Mixcraft, there was a button the main gui, that made it very easy.

My controller is not in the Add Midi Device list, so I used GM Device. I gave it a name and set the output to my controller. But that seemed to do nothing.

All I want to do is map the transport functions and few sliders and knobs. My online research has led me back here to ask the question, so any thought?

Cheers,
Rob

كالو كينروب
نظرًا لأن هذا هو الجزء الناطق باللغة الألمانية من المنتدى ، فإنني أوصيك بنشر طلبك هنا:

Hello, unfortunately I am not the midi professional to help you with the transport functions and the Roland device. But there is still the English speaking Steinberg Support. Telephone number / email address on the homepage.

Good luck ! Cubase can do it for sure!

1. Select Studio > Studio Setup.
  2. Click Add in the top left corner and select a remote device from the pop-up menu to add it to the Devices list.
    NOTE
    If your device is not available in the pop-up menu, select Generic Remote.
  3. In the Devices list, select the device.
    Depending on the selected device, either a list of programmable function commands or a blank panel is shown in the right half of the dialog window.

More details can be found in the Cubase manual, and probably also in the English-language forum :wink:

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I’ve set up my A300 OK, not great though.

It has midi mapped many functions, but no transport function. The midi mapping works a lot better inside VST instruments than it does in the main GUI.

The A300 is a complex little beast, it has 42 assignable knobs, buttons and faders. Roland have this “add on” tool for the A300, I’m trying that now.

Cheers,

Rob