Midi monitor plugin set to 'Always on top' doesn't display data?

Hi there,

Is anyone else having this issue with the midi monitor becoming unresponsive (v10.0.0.20 on PC?)

Im trying to problem solve another issue involving the midi sends and have come across this on cubase 10.0.0.20. I don’t know if its related but midi sends are not working as expected too - hence trying to use the monitor to see if midi messages are being sent through.

Steps to create

Create an instrument track
Create a midi track and route that to the instrument track (channel 1 if wanted)
insert midi monitor into the midi send of the midi track
play keyboard - notes should display on the midi monitor
right click on midi monitor and select “always on top” to force it to remain open
play midi keybaord - notes sound but the midi monitor freezes (does not show any notes)
(also unchecking always on top) doesn’t fix this… the plugin window has to be closed and reopened to get it to display data.

If this is a quirk to just my setup has anyone ever had issues with windows set to ‘always on top’ like this.

Thanks!

Ed

Hi,

did you set the midi input of the track to the corresponding midi port, where the keyboard is connected to?

LG, JuS

Hi! Yep midi track set to correct input from controller.
Just tried this on a colleagues Mac and it does exactly the same for him; When the focus is changed to always on top on the midi monitor window it no longer updates. I need the monitor window to stay on top for my testing. Are you able to recreate this at all?

Has anyone else tried this in cubase 10?

I have exactly the same issue on 2 macs too as my pc.

Bump

I wondered if a few other users could try the steps for me to see if this is a bug.

Can’t believe that I’m the only person that uses the midi monitor plugin on a multi-monitor setup if this is an unreported bug.

Thanks!

ORIGINAL ISSUE POST
Im trying to problem solve another issue involving the midi sends and have come across this on cubase 10.0.0.20. I don’t know if its related but midi sends are not working as expected too - hence trying to use the monitor to see if midi messages are being sent through.

Steps to create

Create an instrument track
Create a midi track and route that to the instrument track (channel 1 if wanted)
insert midi monitor into the midi send of the midi track
play keyboard - notes should display on the midi monitor
right click on midi monitor and select “always on top” to force it to remain open
play midi keybaord - notes sound but the midi monitor freezes (does not show any notes)
(also unchecking always on top) doesn’t fix this… the plugin window has to be closed and reopened to get it to display data.

If this is a quirk to just my setup has anyone ever had issues with windows set to ‘always on top’ like this.

Thanks!

Ed