midi note entry volume

This has probably been touched before,but I couldn’t find it.

When using a Midi keyboard for step time input, is there a way to adjust the volume of the Midi Thru? Several users around here complain that it’s on the loud side…
(it may affect velocity controlled instruments more than CC ones…?) I know it can be switched off, but…

TIA

When you’re playing on your MIDI keyboard, you should find that the notes are echoed back to you at the velocity you played them in. Can you perhaps be a bit more specific about the situation in which you find that’s not happening?

I have a colleague on Mac who complains (to me) a lot about this. For me it works as expected most of the time, but I occasionally experience that the midi thru notes sound markedly louder than what the keypress should entail, as if the key velocity value gets lost and then gets substituted by full value… but as yet I have no suspects… maybe it’s keyboard related…

Is it possible that the keyboard in question is not velocity-sensitive? I don’t know what velocity Dorico would produce under those circumstances.