Midi Notes Recording EARLY???

I found this thread because suddenly my system started doing this and it’s driving me crazy. MIDI input via my Axiom 61 has been spot-on for about 6 months until today. The only thing that has changed with my system at all during the last few weeks is just regular Windows Updates.

What the hell is this? Why would it suddenly start doing this? It’s one of many little “irks” that have driven me to the point of considering getting rid of my PC, buying a Mac and running Logic for predictability. I know I’m being over-dramatic but hey, it’s frustrating when things like this happen with no explanation and interrupt your whole workflow.

Interesting. I use an Axiom Pro 25 on Windows 7 and recently noticed that my notes tend to be slightly early in the MIDI editor as well. At first I thought it was because I was using a strings patch with a medium attack time, thus I was playing the notes early to compensate. But I also noticed that the notes are consistently a tiny bit early with other instruments (picked bass, guitar, etc.) I didn’t have a chance to see if they notes are on time if I quantize them. Statistics say that if I am trying to play on the beat them I would have some slightly before and some slightly after but they are all slightly early. I will look closer at this when I get a chance. By the way, I am talking about a VERY small amount early, almost not noticible when listening but definitely noticible looking at the editor.
Sincerely,
J.L.

I only just found this thread.
J Troup / Jaslan - did you guys fix this? I’m having similar issues

My old computer died and I ended up getting a new one with a core i7. Since then, I haven’t been having any issues.
HTH
J.L.

i had early midi problems on my last PC also. it was an ASUS motherboard.

my new pc is an INTEL motherboard. i7. no more midi early problems either.

i think there is a problem with some chips that drive usb on some motherboards. you can play with settings forever (and i did also) but the solution for me was to go INTEL mb. now i am very happy :slight_smile:

Care to take my test? MIDI notes recorded earlier than they sound - #43 by system - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I FOUND ONE POSSIBLE SOLUTION…Change Click Sound. I know, that is not technicaly right, but it works well for me… even for playback is relatively good :slight_smile:
CLICK_70ms.zip (3.92 KB)