Midi out from Xfer Chthulu?

Anyone got midi out from Xfer Chthulu (64 bit demo or full version) working in Cubase 7.0.6 64 bit?

I’ve got other plugins, like AudioRealism ABL2 and JamOrigin Midi Guitar, that are able to send midi out to a midi track and they work just fine.

The reason I’m asking is that the forum over at Xfer is closed for customers only and I don’t want to buy Chutulu just to find out that it doesn’t work in Cubase.

Sincerely
LarsErik

Yes, it works with Cubase 7. Just load Cthulhu as an VST Instrument in the Instrument Rack (F11) and you will be able to choose “Cthulhu - Midi Out” as MIDI In on any VSTi/MIDI Channel.

Ok, thanks. I guess there’s something wrong with the demo version of Cthulhu.

Got the full version now, same problem… :astonished: Strange… I must be doing something wrong…

Edit: Turns out there was something wrong with me. :blush: works like a charm now.

Hi,

I can safely say it does work in 7.06 (windows pc) - used it over the weekend, i got the full version after trying out the demo.

a bit confusing to me at first, but great help from Xfer support.

not sure if this helps you out!

An old topic, but I’m having the same problem with Cubase Elements 7.

I can get the Cthulhu test tone to play sound, my vsti to play sound, but I cannot get them to cooperate together. I feel like I’ve done everything right at this point.

here’s a screen cap of what I’ve got going on, I think I’ve got it right…

I’m completely new to the Cubase style work environment, and very new to producing as well. If someone could explain step by step what I need to do or what it might be that I’m doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle

try the monitor button.

negative…that doesn’t work.

I can get sounds out of each without having the monitors activated.

Can someone maybe confirm that its not just the vst instruments “prologue” and “halion sonic se” (that come with CE7)that don’t play well with cthulhu before I consider this a complete loss and give up.