Midi output to digital piano

This is a beginner’s question but is it possible to output play from Dorico for iPad to a bluetooth midi digital piano with either the free or subscription version? Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @StockBrick. At the moment it’s not possible to send MIDI out of Dorico for iPad to an external MIDI device like a digital piano, but it’s something we could add in a future version of the app.

2 Likes

Thank you. That would be a good feature. Is it possible to already do that with the desktop version?

1 Like

Yes, indeed it is.

Definitely second that feature request :slight_smile:

Btw do you guys have a feature request/voting process to inform and prioritize what the team works on?

1 Like

Our development process doesn’t follow democratic principles, but of course user feedback plays a large role in how we determine what to work on. Adding your voice in support of a feature request made by another user (or indeed posting a request of your own) is a good way to let us know what would be useful to you.

3 Likes

I posted another recent thread about this and would also love to have this ability on iPad!

1 Like

It is possible to get Bluetooth midi output from Dorico on iPad to a desktop using third party plugins. If your midi instrument is connected to the desktop, then it should be possible. I use Midi Tools plugin in Dorico to send out to a desktop with rtp midi (free app) installed. This sends out a midi port over Bluetooth that is seen by the Midi Tools plugin in Dorico. Using this approach, I have successfully sent midi out over Bluetooth from Dorico on iPad to a midi instrument connected to the desktop (I have used it to send out to VE Pro hosting VSL instruments). I hope this becomes smoother over time.,