MIDI problems in Cubase LE 10.5

Hi guys.
Please help, I am so desperate and confused at this point.
I have no sound being produced when I strike a key on my midi keyboard (Novation Launchkey 49).
Furthermore when i open vst instruments the midi track just keeps playing a hit on every beat of the metronome. The metronome which I have not activated. The bottom right says midi in activity and the meter jumps with every hit but i am not hitting a key and when i hit a key it doesn’t make a sound.
This only seems to be happening when i create and empty project. Everything seems fine when i open a template.
The midi inputs and audio outputs in the midi port, audio connections and studio setup sections are all correct, going to and coming from the right places but the midi is doing its own thing and not listening to me at all.
Maybe I’m missing something simple but i’m super desperate at this point. I haven’t been able to do anything with my newly downloaded Cubase yet and I wanna make some music :frowning: :frowning: .
Please help, anybody, somebody.

Hi and welcome,

What Instrument do you use? Is there a sound loaded in the instrument? Can you see the incoming MIDI activity in the Instrument.

Can you hear an audio, if you load an Audio file to the project?

Could you try to increase your Audio Device Buffer Size, please?

I would recommend to watch Steinberg Cubase Quick Start Video Tutorials.

Be aware, some menu entries has been renamed since Cubase 10:

• Devices = Studio
  • Device Setup = Studio Setup
  • VST Connections = Audio Connections