Midi program change

Hello,
Is there a way to apply a prg change number to a song, so that it gets selected on incoming midi prg change messages?
And secondly, is there an option to start a track automatically when a song or part is selected?
Cheers,
Andy

Yes, Devices/Actions/Select Song.

If a Part has a trigger time set and you click the “Play” button in that Part, it will start to play immediately, given transport is stopped and that Part is a Part of the current Song.

Thank you for the info.
Select part seems to work, select songs however I can not get to work. It does not do anything. I can only step through the parts, which is not what I would like to do. And I can not find much in the manual about that.
It would be nice to have a proper manual/tutorial.
Thanks,
Andy

That’s correct, it pre-selects a song for a “Select Song Part” action which is expected to follow.
For instance, with Bank Select MSB you would set the Song (index) to be pre-selected for the following Bank Select LSB which selects the Part of that Song (“Select Song Part”).
There is also Next Song and Previous Song now.

Ok, got it.
Thank you

I’m still not having any luck. Midi info is coming from the iPad. I’ll place the info on the other post.

I think I’ve found a work around. Go to Devices → Actions and shortcuts → then in the new window to the tab “project”. Now mark the line “Select Song” and click on “Learn” at the top. Now give a program change signal with your tablet or whatever - for me it’s an MSX Multistation. The Msb is the song number, starting with 0. The Lsb is probably the part number, but I only have one part at each song, so I can’t say anything about that.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m a MSX user too and I’d like to see so many features of this machine in VST Live… The layers system with MIDI filtering and processing is really awesome.