MIDI Remote API: feedback for a selected track

Is it possible to program the new MIDI Remote API to send predefined CC when a specific MIDI track is selected?
The old Generic Remote allows that, however it can only reference tracks by their order number (instead of a name or a unique id), so any change to the track list breaks the programming.

Hi,

Do you use the JavaScript or the Mapping Assistant, please?

Nothing yet. I’d just like to know if this is currently possible. For JS, I’d need to hire a programer.

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Vis scripting you have more options. Via the Mapping Assistant you can return only the very same MIDI message you send to Cubase to select the track.

This would be enough. Just to confirm, is it possible to select a specific track through the Mapping Assistant? Can a track be identified by name or just by its track list order number?

Hi,

I see, now I understand, what are you asking for, sorry. No, this is not possible. You can work only within the Channel Bank (8 Channels).

Thank you @Martin.Jirsak. The goal is to display a list of articulations on MetaGridPro, corresponding to a selected MIDI track. It works with the Generic Remote, as long as the track list doesn’t change. I hoped for a more solid solution with the new MIDI Remote API.

Hi,

This is definitely not possible. Remote API skips MIDI tracks in general.