Midi Remote Not Executing Commands

Hi again, appreciate the help on my last post. I’ve encountered another issue with my midi remote and its happening on two separate macs: one running Cubase 12.0.60 on Mojave 10.14.6 and another running Cubase 12.0.52 on Monterey 12.6

The “device” I’m controlling is actually a touch-screen interface made in Open Stage Control so no physical hardware controlling Cubase, just midi messages over the local network. All midi messages from O-S-C reach Cubase just fine but some controls work and others do nothing.

For example, I make a button in the midi remote by pressing the button on the controller to create it and then assign that to “Set Quantize to 1/2” and then when I push the button again to run the command, it correctly shows that command under “last touched control” but doesn’t actually execute the command. I’ve assigned key commands to these to test them and those work just fine. “Show all hidden tracks” is an example of a command assigned to a button on the controller that works fine.

Other troubleshooting that I’ve done is ensure that a midi monitor is open to check the incoming messages and everything is fine there, as well as restarting both Cubase and the computer itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You mean the 1/2 is not showing up to the quantize setting?

Correct, even though it correctly shows that the control was touched

I have no problem assigning this command to my controller, and since you can see it executed under “last touched control”, the problem is probably somewhere else, but I have no idea unfortunately. But as a test, what happens if you assign a keyboard shortcut to this quantize preset? Is it getting executed?

Yes, key commands work

Hi, have you found a solution, I encounter exactly the same Pb, last Cubase 13.0.30.
Last touched control correctly interprets the received midi but no action triggered ???
Actions are the usual Transports commands : Record, Play, Stop, etc.
None is triggered.
What is puzzling a lot is that in a first small script with one pad mapped to Record, it was working ?