Midi Remote - Pitch Bend 14-bit for Quick Controls?

Hi,
My Controller (Icon M+) is sending out Pitch Bend Information, which is 14 bit (it even shows in the inspector Min Value:0, Max Value:16383). If I assign the Controller to Quick Controls (or track volume, doesn’t matter), the resolution is only 8bit though . Is there a way to make use of the full 14 bit?

Since the Remote (Icon Platform M+) also features Mackie Control Protocol, is there a workaround to make the faders control Quick Controls instead of Volume with full resolution?

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

I would say this is not possible. The Quick Controls are designed for the MIDI CCs, so they are 7bit only by design.

Most systems recognize coarse/fine control pairings, because it’s part of the MIDI specification, and the entire VST interface is based on floating-point parameter values, so I would be quite surprised if this interface somehow ignores paired MIDI controllers and doesn’t work in floats.

But, I’ve been surprised before, so what you say may be true! Is there a way to check other than “set up something and listen to it?”

Actually, I also have an Asparion D400 Controller, and if I set it up as a Midi Remote Control, it does send 14 bit Midi to Quick Controls via the Faders. However, it’s not possible to use the Mackie Control Protocol as intended anymore, so no motorized Faders, Bank select etc… But at least this proves that Remote Midi can work with 14bit pitch bend messeges. I don’t understand why it’s not working with the Icon Platform M+ though, since both controllers are set up to send the same MIDI pitch bend data…

1 Like

Hi,

In the Quick Control setup window, you cannot bind it to the RPN/NRPN.

1 Like