MIDI Reset

The main difference I have noticed with Cubase 11 is that MIDI notes play for no particular reason. It’s not sufficient to use ^Z. I can’t even stop these sounds using MIDI > Reset. Is anyone encountering this problem?

Hi,

Make sure you remove the MIDI Ports, you are using for Remote Devices (for example Mackie Control) from the MIDI Port Setup > All ‘MIDI Inputs’ column, please.

MIDI > Reset send All Notes Off MIDI Message to all MIDI Ports.

I did remove all of the MIDI in ports that I’m not using. However, I do have a MIDI keyboard that I need to use so I left that one. The problem still exists.

Hi,

Is your On-Screen Keyboard enabled, by any chance?

Btw, there was something with MediaBay… If you search for VSTis and you get some results, the virtual Keyboard appears in the Preview section. As far as I remember, this virtual Keyboard doesn’t go away even if you hude MediaBay window or MediaBay Rack. You have to search for an audio loop and force Cubase to switch to the audiophile preview, to switch the virtual keyboard off. …If I remember right.

I found the virtual keyboard in the MediaBay, but I still can’t figure out how to switch the virtual keyboard off.

Hi,

On the right side of the Preview part of MediaBay (above the virtual Keyboard on the most right side), there is the Computer Keyboard Input. Disable it, please.

I’ve got the same problem with a third party vst .

Blockquote
On the right side of the Preview part of MediaBay (above the virtual Keyboard on the most right side), there is the Computer Keyboard Input. Disable it, please.
Blockquote

Hi Martin

I tried doing what you said that didn’t work either.

Hi,

So is the Computer Keyboard disabled in the MediaBay now, please?

Summary

This text will be hidden

Yes it is disabled.

Hi,

And you are sure, the MIDI Notes come from your computer keyboard, right?

I don’t use my computer keyboard for notes. I use my external midi keyboard. The entire project consist of midi tracks so I’m not sure I know where the offending notes are coming from.

Hi,

Could you try to unplug your MIDI devices (maybe one by one), please? Then we could hopefully find out, which one is sending unwanted MIDI data.

Blockquote
Could you try to unplug your MIDI devices (maybe one by one), please? Then we could hopefully find out, which one is sending unwanted MIDI data.
Blockquote
I tried unplugging my MIDI keyboard but that didn’t help.

Hi,

Could you try to use any MIDI Monitor to find out, where do the MIDI data come from, please?

I did install a MIDI monitor and when I got the noise that I’ve complaining about, the monitor didn’t show any external MIDI event.

Hi,

I’m sorry, I run out of ideas…

I don’t know whether it makes any difference or not but it seems to happen every time I move the play cursor.

Hi,

Please, double check the Transport > Project Synchronization Setup > Destination. Is any MIDI Click Destination or MIDI Timecode Destination enabled? If yes and you don’t need it, disable it, please.