MIDI Scrubbing in MIDI editors

Hi, I am new here and this is my first post

:bulb:

I would ask the developers team to implement MIDI scrubbing in the midi editor as well as an option for the tool to make the hovered notes to be sustained as long as the mouse is pressed.

as it was inā€¦ Studio Visionā€¦

Easy to code, and really needed, thank you for taking this request into account in the next update!

+1

Studio Vision! I used it in the early 90s. What a great program. Its demise at the hands of Gibson Brands, Inc was very unfortunate.

We have been asking for midi scrubbing for years. Cubase recently did get midi scrubbing on individual tracks in the Project window.

I donā€™t know how easy it is to code though.

btw., when in the key editor, provided ā€˜acoustic feedbackā€™ is on, clicking on en existing note will play it. however control-clicking on a note which has at that point in time other notes above or below it (ie chords), cubase will play all of those notes.

lukasbrooklyn, thank for the tip about ctrl+click selected notes, just tested and it is fuzzy as ctrl+click is a key command for selective items selectionā€¦ well ā€¦ unusable :wink:

Scanning back and forth midi is useful i.e pads, for harmonic progression etc etcā€¦

We have been asking for midi scrubbing for years. Cubase recently did get midi scrubbing on individual tracks in the Project window.

Yes I saw, hence my query for an option to sustain notes as long as the mouse is pressed.
The actual way obeys (only in track view) an interessting logic of playing the true duration of the notes while we deplace the mouse over, but while scrubbing, our frame of mind is in a different temporallity, to edit micro details.

Then It would be normal to have the choice betwen the actual logic + the addition of the sustained scanning mode
ā€¦ and of course, to add the function to the MIDI editor window.