Midi signal from keyboard shows on Halion but no sound

I still only get “note offs” on the midi monitor

It’s the input that comes into Cubase, so don’t worry about the output being inactive - that’s for sending out from Cubase.

What options are below that table you’ve screenshotted?

options on the midi port?

I’m currently running Cubase 12 on windows and have this:

Some of those settings can affect the incoming data globally, so just curious if you had changed any by accident?

No doubt yours will be different being on Mac and v9. I’ve not used Cubase on Mac since v9.5 so can’t remember what options you have there now, so winging this a bit until Martin strolls in with the answer in 2 seconds! :slight_smile:

Ideally, you’d want to close (Quit) cubase and run this utility:
https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/

You can then check what your hardware is sending on an operating system level then, to know if it’s with the hardware, driver or Cubase.

So I must admit I am not of my depth!!!

I need to recharge my batteries (brain)

Thanks for your help! (and you Martin!)

I ll be back tomorrow!

1 Like

BTW the midi port setup in 9.5 does not have any options

Hi,

Is there any Input Transformer involved in the track by any chance?

That last screenshot is direct from the O/S (i.e. before Cubase). I’m sitting here thinking what an earth this could be to occur on 2 different keyboards and can’t think of anything other than the Mac MIDI drivers have gone a bit crazy.

Could it be that a restart fixes it?! :slight_smile:

Or could it be related to only this device, and when they tried the M1 as a MIDI input never changed the input port for that track to match leading them to thinking it also didn’t work?.

@james_gold Personally i’d:

1. Try a restart (if not already)
  2. Plug the M1 back in and check the note on/off status via MIDI Monitor too

And go from there?

1 Like

Hi Martin, Skijumptoes,

The icon keyboard is old and I must have press/turned a knob I played around with all of the buttons and settings and I now have it working!!! you can set it in zones and it was turned off
I just tied my M1 and that is not working at the moment but I am sure I can sort it out

I would like to thank you both for the assistance you have given me, 100% service
Regards James

2 Likes