MIDI Sound Delay

Hello all. A really basic question for you advanced Cubase gurus. I’m currently trialling Cubase Elements but am having problems with MIDI latency. My laptop is connected to the keyboard with a Roland UM-ONE MIDI interface but the delay I’m getting between striking a note and the sound being produced is totally unworkable (it’s like playing a particularly unresponsive church organ)!! I’m hearing the sound through headphones which are plugged directly into my laptop, headphone Jack. My laptop uses ‘Realtek’ and I gather this is particularly prone to sound problems but not being a techie guru, I haven’t the faintest idea how to correct it?! Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you

Try downloading ASIO4ALL. It’s an ASIO driver that works with generic laptop soundcards to reduce latency. The drivers that come with Windows are awful for anything in real time playing. To be fair, if you want to do any serious playing, you’re better off buying one of the myriad of external soundcards out there and using the dedicated drivers that come with those. Do since research if you do though because not a drivers are created equal…
I’m sure though if you wanted to go down that route, you’d get lots of good opinions on here…

Cheers,

P

1 Like

Thank you very much. I’ve downloaded ASIO4All and the problem is much better. :grinning:

:+1: glad you got it sorted.

P

1 Like