MIDI step time input

Sorry if this has already been answered/confirmed…

1. will Midi Step time input be available in V1 ?

2. Has anyone compiled a list of features that will not be available in V1? Personally, I’ve made a note of Chord Symbols and Large time signatures. What about secondary beam breaks? Tuplets like 7 8th-notes in time of 1 half note (7:8/1:2)? Best way to learn a new app is to use it for a real world project, and I’d rather not start something that cannot be completed without resorting to XML export…

1. It’s not implemented yet, but we really hope it will be implemented in time for v1.0. If not, it will follow very shortly thereafter.

2. Beaming is pretty comprehensively implemented. 7:4 tuplets are also no problem. We have not compiled an exhaustive list of what will not be included in Dorico 1.0 as such a list is essentially infinite. But we will have a reasonably comprehensive list of what is included in Dorico 1.0 available at the time of launch.

Well, in the music software world, “shortly” (not to mention “VERY shortly”) has become a VERY elusive term. I will be very pleasantly surprised then, if Midi Step time input is available at launch…

Regarding tuplets, some clients have specific notational requirements, which do not always coincide with metric equivalents…

IMHO, I think being frank about what Dorico cannot do at the time of launch is the better strategy…

In my opinion step input is fundamental to write music efficiently. There is another method: just play, then tap the tempo, then quantize the display (which is always necessary). Frankly I’ve experimented the second method many times, but for me the first is much more rapid. For sure the second may have advantages because the playback is more natural, but perhaps I’m a too much crap player :laughing: