Midi Sustain pedal punch-in problem

I don’t know if this is a Cubase 6.07, Axiom Pro 61 , Kontakt 4 problem - or my problem in not understanding something -, but I thought I’d ask here because the support is better.

I’m recording a piano ballad. When I punch in with my Axiom Pro 61 keyboard using Kontakt 4 and Cubase 6.07, my sustain pedal does not work for about a bar. In this particular song, I didn’t have to punch in exactly at the bar, so I even gave a small window for the sustain pedal to transmit to the software, but I still didn’t get sustain for about a bar.

Does anybody have any thoughts or experience about this?

Thanks in advance to anybody who responds

Is your Cubase and Kontakt up-to-date?

What about your Input Quantize? Isn’t switch On?

Can you make the backup of this project (File > Back Up Project), and save it with different name? Is this the error inthsi new project too?

Thanks for your reply Martin.

I did load Kontakt 4. So, I’ll load Kontakt 5 and see if that works.

If not, I’ll check on my Input Quantize. I’m not sure how that relates to the pedal not sustaining when I’m punching in, but I’ll learn. If that doesn’t solve it, I’ll go to your plan C of saving it under another name.

Thanks again.

Has it normally worked previously? I’m tryng to think why there should be a delay. Live delay (actually while you play) or just the recorded product?
There’s something at the back of my mind (the wife and a rolling pin sometimes) but it could be a setting either in the Preferences or in the keyboard itself. Constrain delay? System timestamp?
If the keyboard is just midi in or even usb try unplugging and replugging back in after trying all the software tweaks.
ps: What soundcard? And what sample rate and buffer settings?

Thanks for your reply Conman.

I just bought the sustain pedal (M Audio SP-2), so I don’t have any experience with the sustain not working for the punch in. It is both live delay and, after the performance, recorded dealy. So, its as if the directions from the sustain pedal are being delayed. Otherwise, the pedal works perfectly fine.

I asked a question at the M-Audio forum, but nobody has responded. I will look in Preferences and in the keyboard’s Edit Mode itself to see about Constrain Delay and System Timestamp. I am new to MIDI. So, these are all vague terms for me which I know I need to learn. On the other hand, I don’t want to make changes that may effect other functionality, which is why I’m looking for support from the makers of the products I’m using. I am using the USB connected HyperControl instead of using my sound card’s midi functionality. I don’t know why that would make a difference, but perhaps it does. You’d think there would be a history of this if it was a problem, but it seems like nobody has had the problem.

Thanks again for your help.