MIDI time stretch that expands or contracts the whole track?

I’m composing a piece using a midi keyboard and sample libraries. The piece has no tempo or loops. Each chord change is made by feel or to adjust to fairly long audio clips of found sounds.

What i’d like to be able to do in the main midi track…

When stretching or shrinking one or more midi notes, have the whole track expand or contract without changing the lengths of any unselected notes.

Is there a way to do this in Cubase without using normal edits? It sure would save a lot of surgery.

Thank you for any ideas you might have.

Rick

Don’t know if this is exactly what you’re trying to do but you can stretch selected notes with the arrow tool in time stretch mode just as it works with audio in the project window.

Like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38759108/CUBASE%20SUPPORT/midi%20time%20stretch.avi

Thank you, marQs. Right - the unselected notes stay in the same position, which is vital for most MIDI edits.

In this case, I need the all the unselected, unchanged notes to move to make room for the changed note lengths of the selected notes (whether they are made longer or shorter). The unselected notes would then maintain their original distance from the changed notes.

Please let me know if I can be more clear in describing this.

Thanks again,
Rick

using the "shuffle"snap type can work that way (with the regular arrow), but unfortunately only on unisone single note in piano roll, if there is another note at same time(chords for example) it behaves and moves the notes unpredictably :unamused:

i wish steinberg add more editing tools for both midi and audio to cubase, its about the time.!