Midi Track Names & Mixer Track Names

Hello,

I generally use Rack Instruments instead of Track Instruments.
But when I change the track name on Cubase page (midi track’s name), it does not change the track name on mixer. So if I have 10 instruments in one Kontakt 5 instance, I have to change all tracks names twice (for both Cubase midi tracks and for track at mixer). Is there a way to change track name @mixer when I change midi track name?

What do you for naming tracks?

Thanks,
cnk

Hi cnk,

are you sure the tracks in the mixer you are referring to are the same “MIDI tracks” and not the output channels of your instruments?

Regards

Ops, you’re right Luis. The tracks on mixer that I mention are not midi channels but instrument channels. Is there a way to change instrument channel’s name automatically on mixer when I change name of midi track on cubase screen? Because I use instrument channels instead of midi channels on mixer, so that I can insert any VST plugins that I want.

No, you can’t rename a MIDI track and have a VST Output Channel rename automatically. This makes sense, since you could have a couple MIDI tracks sending to one instrument. Imagine the confusion!

I’d advise that you load one Instrument Track per sound. That way, you’ve only got the one name to worry about.

So the only way is to name tracks twice, right?

Since Cubase uses instrument channels’ names during Channel Batch Export, I have to rename all instrument channel names on mixer. That’s the problem…I have to change instrument channel names on mixer one by one.

[quote=“cnk”]Since Cubase uses instrument channels’ names during Channel Batch Export, I have to rename all instrument channel names on mixer. That’s the problem…I have to change instrument channel names on mixer one by one.
Hi I don’t know if this will help but say you load Kontakt 8 out on your main page if you scroll down to VST Instruments you can name the instruments you have loaded in the track slots i.e track 1 guitar left track 2 guitar right…this will then show in the mixer…But not on the actual track you are working on you still need to name that…but it saves you having to flip from one screen to the next…Still a pain i know but just thought I would share…I feel your pain.