Midi track´s audio channel´s automation track? Where?

I´m trying to find the automation track of midi track´s audio channel.

Situation is this:
-I have a midi track wich has Kontakt 4 playing a kick drum sample
-On that midi track´s audio channel I have UAD´s SSL channel strip in the FX insert slots
-I pushed the W (to Write automation), then pushed Play and tweaked some knobs from the SSL EQ, then pushed W again and left the R (Read) on. The automation works nicely.

Now I need to do some more precise editing to the automation I just wrote, but I can´t find the automation track (where I can draw the curves). So where is it? :confused:

Already tried the manual, chapter “Automation”…?

I defined two shortcut keys: Display All Used Automation, and Hide All Automation. To find the automation track I need I write some dummy automation, display all automation, and then just scroll up and down to find it. It’ll be there somewhere…

But it’d be nice to somehow get a function which shuffles tracks so that automation for a given signal path is all in the same place.

Mike.

Just click the little down arrow at the bottom left of every track. You can add any automation type you want, 1 at a time. No need to fiddle a controller to do so.

Found it! Thanks!

Just a quick comment here because I’m not a fan off hiding buttons… Seems counter intuitive to me. Can’t see where they are!! Steinberg, please stop hiding things.

Mike.

Hiding some things can help to find other things better…