MIDI track to audio track in LE4?

Can someone please help with this? I want to render an individual MIDI track into an audio track within a project in LE4 so it can be included in the audio mixdown. For example, I have a project with 3 audio tracks and one MIDI bass track which I obviously want included in the final mix.
I would also like to be able to send all the individual tracks .wav files to someone else so that they can include them in their project.
The manual says it’s done by - “connecting the outputs of your MIDI instruments to your audio inputs and recording, as with any other sound source” - but I cannot figure out how to do this.
I’ve searched the forums and video tutorials but nothing makes it clear (to me anyway! :confused: ).
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

What is generating the bass sound? Hardware synth or a VSTi?
In case it’s a vsti it’s easy. Just solo the track, set the locators right and export just like you would with audio tracks.
If hardware, you have to connect the audio outputs of the synth to your audio interface, create an audiotrack and record the synth playing into the audiotrack before exporting.

Many thanks for your reply. The synth is the Creative Soundblaster soundcard in my computer. Would I have to hard wire from the output on the back of the computer to an input on my USB audio device (Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0) or is there a way to connect them within Cubase devices?

No, I don’t think so.
You have created a midi or instrument track, what did you select as output?

It’s a MIDI track and output is set to GM Device Soundblaster synth. I can’t seem to find a way of linking that to the input of an audio track?

It’s a MIDI track and output is set to GM Device Soundblaster synth. I can’t seem to find a way of linking that to the input of an audio track?

There is no way. You´ll have to do it the hardwired way.

Unless you feel that the soundblaster GM soundset sounds perfect for your song, you are probably better off using HalionOne instead. It has more sounds to choose from and it’s much easier to export :slight_smile:

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge - it is much appreciated.
I have found a ‘work around’ by creating a .wav file of the MIDI track using “What U Hear” in another program and importing it back into my Cubase project. It would be a bit tedious if there were a lot of tracks to do, but it does the job.
With regard to the instruments in HAlion One, mine doesn’t have nearly as much choice as the GM set in Soundblaster. I have the Essential Set that came with it which I suspect is a ‘lite’ version. For example, in the project I’m working on at the moment I’m using a fretless bass sound, which is not among the HALion choices.
Thereby lies another question! - how to add to the VST instuments in HALion!

Nice workaround, the resulting audio quality using ‘what you hear’ should be better than hardwiring your output to input so that’s a good decision.
I’m not really sure what you mean with your last question. If you want to add additional sounds to HalionOne, that is unfortunately not possible. What you see is what you get in HalionOne :frowning:

Thanks again. I was wondering if you could add ‘plug-in’ VST instruments to HalionOne but now I know you can’t, it’s saved me from chasing off down another dead end street! :smiley: