MIDI Track to MediaBay presets?

Surly there must be a way to route a MIDI track to VST Presets in the MediaBay, just like you can play your MIDI keyboard to audition sounds in MediaBay. What am I missing? :confused:

with instrument track no problem,but midi track ??? :confused:

well, naw, I didnā€™t explain myself. I wanted to not only select sounds but I wanted the full MediaBay view up on screen so I could change columns and settings and whatnot. If you open MediaBay and select a vstpreset you can play the sound from your MIDI keyboard but not from a MIDI Track. Can you somehow do that from an Instrument Track? I canā€™t figure out how.

There is a popup menu in the Previewer where you can select a source. Available sources are Memo Recorder and a MIDI file. Here I thought there ought to be a ā€œSelected MIDI/Instrument Trackā€ option but apparently not? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Iā€™d like to be able to audition my MIDI parts through the vstpresets in the context of my song and while Iā€™m at it tag stuff also in context, sort of. I canā€™t sit and dry tag stuff for no reason. Somebody must have thought about this when building the MediaBay, right? I canā€™t be the only one looking for this?

Have you tried to use a virtual MIDI cable?
No other idea than this, thoughā€¦

Roger

Well, sort of, thanx! :smiley:
Opening MediaBay kind of automatically routs your MIDI keyboard to a preset so you never see the process?
That was what I hoped for, me overlooking someplace to route something else than a MIDI Keyboard or a MIDI file.
I have MIDI Yoke which in this case ā€¦ just isnā€™t visible anywhere where Iā€™ve been looking so far.

Slowly this start to turn into a feature request :confused:
"OHNO! Heā€™s done it again! :unamused: "
:blush: :laughing:

Hi HowlingUlf

Did you ever solve this problem or find a workaround?

Nope! :cry:

No response from Steinberg!