MIDI velocity range selection

Is there any way to select midi notes across a whole track that exceeds a certain velocity.
I’m looking to be able select all those notes and drag them down to the desired velocity. I know you can use the select tool but you have to guess the range value. Might get some I did not want or miss some I did want. I would like to set a range and then control whatever is in that range.

Hi cassadymac,

Please follow these steps to set selected events to same velocity value at once:

• Double tap the MIDI event to open it in the MIDI editor
  • Open the “Velocity” view in the MIDI editor
  • Double tap on an empty space in the velocity editor to select all velocity events
  • First set all velocity events to its maximum value by moving them up with your finger
  • Now move all selected events back to the same desired value via the finger again

Notes:

• While moving all selected events, the first event informs about the velocity value
  • Having moved all events to their maximum value, moving them again afterwards, all events can be set to the same value at once without any guess work

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

That would eliminate the dynamics of the other notes played wouldn’t it? Softer notes would have a smaller velocity value. What you described would give the same velocity value to every midi event. Unless of course I am not understanding something.
I was really looking for a way to cool the peaks, not eliminate the dynamics of the softer notes.

Editing individual velocities is possible via the draw tool:

• Double tap on an empty space in the velocity editor to select all notes
  • Choose the “draw” tool from the sub menu

Change individual velocity values at your wish by moving your finger up and down over a single or multiple events.

Best,
Lars

Editing individual velocities is possible via the draw tool:

• Double tap on an empty space in the velocity editor to select all notes
  • Choose the “draw” tool from the sub menu

Change individual velocity values at your wish by moving your finger up and down over a single or multiple events.
For finer adjustments, hold and move the left frame of the editor to change it to full screen.

Best,
Lars