MIDI Volume - idiot requires explanation

I had a MIDI part at the end of a track with a MIDI Volume fade out. I deleted the fade out but then found that I couldn’t hear the track anymore. I presume this was because when I deleted, the cursor was beyond the fade, i.e. where the volume was 0.

I put this right by drawing a MIDI Volume point (value 127), running playback over it to regain the volume, then undoing the controller. Back to normal.

But shouldn’t there be a slicker way of doing this? MIDI Reset didn’t do it, nor did a restart, there were no stray controllers in List Editor.

Luckily, I only had three tracks to do so any MIDI gurus care to explain how I could have got the volume back a bit more easily?

Thanks,
Crotchety

The midi track fader on the mixer also sends midi volume, so if there are no more midi volume automation points on the track you can just move the fader to the required position.

Aha! I never thought of the faders (told you I was an idiot…). Thank you.

There is an even slicker way that I discovered the other day. If you go to a MIDI track and open up your MIDI inserts tab, then select MIDI Control from the list, a window pops up with a list of MIDI CC commands, and to the left of each one it says Off. Click on teh MIDI CC in the first slot and the whole list will pop up por you from 0-127. Select 7 and to the left, where it says off, double click and enter 90 or whatever. Now everytime you stop playback, cubase will recall the values specified in your MIDI control so you dont have to keep playing back over MIDI Volume, or wiggling faders. You can also do it for Mod and expression for strings, sustain for Legato instruments or Piano. It’s really great for newer samples that have multi mic positions that are CC assignable. You can literally set the MIDI Control and forget about it. Good Luck.

There is an even slicker way that I discovered the other day. If you go to a MIDI track and open up your MIDI inserts tab, then select MIDI Control from the list, a window pops up with a list of MIDI CC commands, and to the left of each one it says Off. Click on teh MIDI CC in the first slot and the whole list will pop up por you from 0-127. Select 7 and to the left, where it says off, double click and enter 90 or whatever. Now everytime you stop playback, cubase will recall the values specified in your MIDI control so you dont have to keep playing back over MIDI Volume, or wiggling faders. You can also do it for Mod and expression for strings, sustain for Legato instruments or Piano. It’s really great for newer samples that have multi mic positions that are CC assignable. You can literally set the MIDI Control and forget about it. Good Luck.

Okay, De La, I’ll give it a go next time. Thanks for taking the trouble to post back. Crotchety.