MIDI wont record from Bar 1

(I tried to post this in Collected Issues, but the forum was locked)

Bug:
I cannot record any midi parts from Bar 1.

Situation:

I recorded a woodwind part just fine from bar one. But when I would go to my string track and arm for record, hit record button, I hear playback from the track and the VST Im recording, but it wont record any midi events. Not even a region. I noticed the track in the track column didn’t turn red either.
However, it would record fine when I start to record a few bars out in the arrangement. You can see that I managed to record a string track from Bar 3, but I wasn’t able to record any other midi track since I first layed down the Woodwind part in the beginning. I even made sure I depressed the keyboard keys a split second after the click, in case I was too early with the note. (not that that should have any say in it)

I have Cubase 7.0.2 on a Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz i7, 8GB RAM, Balance soundcard.

(I tried to post this in Collected Issues, but the forum was locked)

Bug:
I cannot record any midi parts from Bar 1.

Situation:

I recorded a woodwind part just fine from bar one. But when I would go to my string track and arm for record, hit record button, I hear playback from the track and the VST Im recording, but it wont record any midi events. Not even a region. I noticed the track in the track column didn’t turn red either.
However, it would record fine when I start to record a few bars out in the arrangement. You can see that I managed to record a string track from Bar 3, but I wasn’t able to record any other midi track since I first layed down the Woodwind part in the beginning. I even made sure I depressed the keyboard keys a split second after the click, in case I was too early with the note. (not that that should have any say in it)

I have Cubase 7.0.2 on a Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz i7, 8GB RAM, Balance soundcard.

Bug?

You have it set to auto punch-out in at bar one.

BAHHHHHH!!!

Thank you! Im a Logic Pro/Pro Tools user. Just got this C7 trial period and trying to work this thing out. Im thinking of making the jump to Cubase for my next upcoming job, so I have an intense couple weeks to learn this beast. Compared to PT and Logic, I am hugely impressed.

(these forums work great too)

Thanks again.

AA