Midi

I have a IMAC I am using the new Cubas 9 I also have a M Audio Key station 88es as my midi controller. I am having issues with midi information that I record in a certain note, when I play it back it transposes to a different note from which I originally played. Can some one please Help me?

Hi,

Make sure, you don’t use any transpose:

• Info View
  • Input Transformer
  • MIDI Modifiers
  • MIDI Inserts
  • Transpose Track

I am not using any of those things you have mention. All I have is M Audio Midi controller that is connected toa focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and that is connected to my iMac. It happends if I just pull up a single midi track and records a piano chord in c, than I pull up a different track and play bass sound, while trying to record the bass the piano chords change the original key of c

Once you open the KeyEditor, can you see the C chord, or the other one?

Where is the MIDI track routed to? Is it a MIDI track or an Instrument track?

It doesn’t make a difference When I use an instrument or just a midi track it happends

Once you open the KeyEditor, can you see the C chord, or the other one?

Insert an instance of the Cubase MIDI monitor on the track. That will tell you what MIDI events the track is receiving. If there’s a keyboard malfunction, for example, you will see that the wrong data is being sent. If the right data is being sent, then your problem lies further downstream.