Midicontroller autoselects the same bank as the mixconsole (and better, for 2, 3 and for as well)

Hi,
I was trying to get this working but I can’t find the sollution.

I’m using Cubase Pro 13 with a faderport 8 (and some other equipment) and that works very good. I did a double post because this are in fact 2 questions with a different subject but they are probably about the same communication line. I don’t know.

I would like to make my fader port to go to the selected channels. Same like “auto select” but than the other way around.
My goals is that my faderport controls the bank that includes the (mouse clicked) selected channel. (I get 8 channels to control on my faderport where 1 fader of the 8, controls the selected channel at it’s “bank position” 1-8) Same as the mixer has the same channel selected as the project window and where the white strip indicates the bank. I would like to control those channels and have that bank as the one I have in front of me on my faderport by clicking one of the channels in the project window and mixconsole window. (which refers to the first question of my post as well but in a different way).
Now I scroll left and right through my channels per bank, finding the green light at my faderport of the selected channel to get there which is not funny doing that mulitple times with great amounts of tracks(but for now the way it is, but I might don’t know a better way and my kids love to see the faders moving fast :wink: )

Another thing is: (I create a separate post for this as well as it is a different subject and at the same time in the same line of communication with the mixer.

I’m using Cubase Pro 13 with a faderport 8 (and some other equipment) and that works very good with mixer 1. But when I try to control mixer 2, I can open it with my faderport, (3 and 4 as well) but I can’t control the faders of mixer 2, I still control mixer 1.

Some background:
I work in my templates with multiple mixers for better overview.

• mixer 1 left group, right fx and audio and instrument tracks in the middle (but the space is limited, so therefor I set up mixer 2 and 3)
  • mixer 2 for my audio and instrument tracks
  • mixer 3 for my group and fx channels
  • mixer 4 for my midi channels
    So my question is:

→ How can I let my faderport communicate with Cubsases MixConsole 2 (and 3 and 4) ?

P.S. Does anyone can explain me if there are do’s of don’t or benefits by setting up midicontrollers by midiremote (which I use since cubase13 and works pretty well) vs the settings in the “Studio Setup → Mackie Control” window. There are more functions visible than I can activate with my midi controller, but I don’t want to create a refusing command setup, so I kept them blank. (and also because I didn’t get it working, but that part works for now.

I hope anyone can help me with one of these things?
Thanks for helping!

Pieter

Hi,

Do you use Mackie Control protocol, or do you use any MIDI Remote script, please?

Mackie Control protocol doesn’t support auto-banking, the MIDI Remote does.

Either Mackie Control or MIDI Remote (any Remote Device) is always linked with MixConsole 1.

You have to enable the preference “Sync Selection in Project Window and MixConsole” if you want the bank to be synchronised when you click a track on the project window.

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the fast reply! This helps!
Right know I use Mackie for the Mackie mode and MidiRemote for the Midimode function of the faderport.

Do I understand well that I cannot control mixer 2, 3 and 4 with a controller?

And as I understand well, In Mackie Mode I need to scroll on my faderport to the right bank.
Or:
I should create midi remote device for my faderport, connect that with the main midiport (non midimode) and setup every button to their functions in the midi remote screen in cubase to get my faderport go to the mouseclick selected track/bank? In Mackie mode many functions are available and I like that (and I’m used to them of coarse).
The other functions I miss, I assign to my controllers in midimode.

If above is correct, if you don’t mind, maybe you can help me with following as well?
Do you know:

• How will this work with the select-,mute-, and solo-buttons for each channel?
  • How can I setup the faders for tracks that are not selected or in a bank of a selected channel. (when scrolling through the channels without selecting them)
    *How can I setup the mute and solo buttons for tracks that are not selected or in a bank of a selected channel.
  • Will Midi Remote send information to my little diplays on top of each fader with nice info as I have now, like channel name, pan and volume indicator?
    *And how will / can I use the different functions after selecting:
    ** control channel, or zoom, or scroll, or bank etc. Encoders get different functions after pushing one of that 8 knobs.
  • Am I willing / asking expecting / thinking to much?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I know this function and thats what I would like to have for my faderport. I should go with one of both to the right bank to control the channel I have selected.
Now I can select a channel on my faderport and cubase goes to that channel. But when I select a channel in Cubase, my faderport does not go to that channel or bank.

Hi,

Correct, you cannot.

No, there are already some Mackie Control emulsions scripts. Just use one of them.