MidiGuitar software - by JamOrigion

Agh! "…

Hmm, I take it that you’re not interested in trying my TriplePlay…

:cry:

Steve,

Nice article. I don’t stay to close to this kind of info but my guess is NAMM is late fall? These are nice innovations and the cost has certain gotten reasonable as large scale integration trickles into everything today. Funny how the new guitars all tout a “vintage” sound " rock tones" “crunch” and more than half of the new music is techno, rap or electronic. Gimme a fuzz box and amp and we’ll just keep playing ROCK n’ ROLL. :smiley:

COULD NOT agree MORE! Funny thing is…I have a lot going on in my life right now so my music has taken so much of a back seat it is’nt funny. Thankfully I have re-discovered that playing and using the equipment does help parts of the week become less screwed up. When I acquired the instruments and equippment I have years back, things were rolling along to the point where I REALLY believed I would be available by now to sit and focus on achieving a few good things musically and record them etc.etc. Unfortunately, I am only re-awakening those desires now but having minimal opportunites to fulfull them. Changes are around the corner for the better so I am building a bit more of an understanding of all operations for the day when I can sit for a few hours during the day an play.

I think your choices on the YRG has a good theory. You will provide the function and input to gain the experience and then apply that to a complete set of new uses and devices. That is a plan so many use in EVERY successful series of events whether business or pleasure. A friend could have worked for a company and learn all of the ins and outs but he had the cash to go all out with NO knowledge and, of course, crashed and burned.

If you can run into a music store with a GR55 setup to demo, you should go give it a try, especially if you can do it with a Godin synth access guitar. I REALLY think that the Godin is what provided such instant success on my end

Hopefully, it will be at The B@sshole! :laughing:

Yeah, but seeing as how you are logistically closest to the actual Bass Hole, I’m guessing you’ll beat us there.

MIDIGuitar has been updated. It works better. I don´t think hexaphonic pickups are doing any better.

If you want to try it without listening to the built in sounds, use software monitoring and turn the track volume off-
Instruments that require cc11 assignment work without the expression pedal. One might assign it to velocity or something, sorr, i´m no MIDI expert.

Just bought it. Almost to good to be true. I think my VG99 is going to be sold or traded.
The last release hosts plugins in Standalone mode and VST, thus one might record VSTI has anything audio. No need to create MIDI tracks. However one can create folder tracks with audio and dummy MIDI for later editing. It just got to be idiot proof.
MIDI Guitar is awesome. :astonished:

no man. honest. I record a bass line using an obscenely huge sampler library. i disconnect it and listen to the audio record of it. AWESOME- I loath MIDI. Never liked it. Now i can dump it all together, :mrgreen:
I´m truly happy because we can´t do this in Cubase. In others sequencers we can but that´s an hassle.

Steve, first i was wrong. The file recorded on the audio track is the clean sound of the guitar. Maybe if one insert MIDIGuitar in a input channel the recorded sound appearing on the audio track would be what we listen.
I think you are forgetting to record or monitor enable on the MIDI track. Check that.
It goes like that. Insert MIDIGuitar on a audio track. Create a MIdi track or instrument, on the dropbox for MIDI input selection select MIDIGuitar, on the output a VSTi. It works for me.
Notice that you have to accommodate your playing to the instrument you choose. If it´s a percussive thing like a piano, or something with less attack like a sax or strings.
I think it´s fantastic compared to other gear i have, It can be underwhelming to people who is introduce by it ar first without having the hassle of fiddling with other gear, to me it´s amazing still.

Hey Steve!
I bet that you already have figured it out by yourself but in case not:
MidiGuitar has internal routing. You might choose on the main panel, below at the left the option to listen to the DI or no audio output (none). Also it allows you to plug in your favorite Gui Plugin in the chain.
The host (Cubase) will take care of the I\O in plugin mode.
Bye. :slight_smile:

Hi Steve. 0.8 is out-
Allegedly it tracks better, i didn´t tried it yet.

The developer said it´not optimized to use has audio midi translator. It delivers better in live mode.
Either way, i have no complains because the audio i record sounds exactly the same when played by the VSTi again and again.

There is something we´re missing and i can´t spot it.
Check the driver selection, VST connections. Create a mono traxl. Route the guitar to it. load MIDI Guitar there. If you have software monitoring enabled you must select it by clicking on the yellow speaker on the track controls.
Create a MIDI track. Chose a VSTi to control. select on the MIDI inputs, the first drop box on the MIDI track. Active record or monitor on the MIDI track. If i´m right, by now you should be listening to something.
Tweak MIDIGUITAR to your playing style or the instrument played.
I know you´re advanced Cubase user. I just wrote that to make sure there isn´t a detail missing.
BTW, I´m still on Cubase 5.5.3. Cubase 7 might have a more sophisticated routing on both MIDI and Audio that I´m missing, perhaps another forum member could pitch in and bring some light on the subject.
Be aware that if you are using VST with CC assignments, you´d better enable them inside MIDIGuitar, because either way the sound might came too low or no sound at all-
This is the reason why MIDI isn´t my favorite thing. Too many variables and assignments to take care of. Sometimes it drains the fun out of music making.