Mimic brass fingering: font style

Hi,
for a trumpet info sheet I need to give several alternate brass fingerings for each note. I know this is not possible (yet). So I want to fake this by using normal text. I could not yet find the correct font and style to mimic the (normal) fingerings that I use everywhere else my project.
Can anyone help me out?
BR
Sebastian

There is a Fingering Text Font based on Bravura. For a text box option, you would likely have to create a new Paragraph Style using this font, but you might also decide simply to use the text box options to alter the size (and perhaps other alterations) directly within the text box, depending how many of these you need to do.

If you do create a new paragraph style to use in the text box, you could also create a shortcut to call up the text box with the fingering paragraph style pre-chosen.

This is the closest I could create in Paragraph Style. Perhaps others more experienced in font design (@dan_kreider ) could improve on it.

1 Like

Dorico uses the glyphs in this range of Bravura:

https://w3c.github.io/smufl/latest/tables/fingering.html

You can create these in text by right-clicking in any Shift+X text item and choosing Insert Music Text, then picking them from the dialog.

1 Like

Thanks loads! That was it. Glyphs, not normal numbers… Needed some time to adjust vertical spacing, as the glyphs need a massive amount of vertical space each. But with huge baseline adjustments it worked.