Minimize Bug? Or Designed by Mephistopheles?

I was mixing something for a friend (who is also programmer). When he saw it (and he noticed it right away) he said “That must be frustrating. They’re trying to make it work like a Mac or Linux.”

Yes. Yes they are.

:open_mouth:

This is immensely distracting. I fervently hope this is not considered a “feature.”

You’re supposed to have some of those windows on top of other windows, you know hiding stuff you want to see. It’s all about the excitement of constantly switching between multiple windows, and dragging them around until you reach the state of Cubanxious.

The option to set a fixed solid background and restoring the minimize button solves most of it for me.

Looks as if 8.0.5 does not yet fix the minimize issue. I’ve never had any issues with window management before, and I’ve been a Cubase user on Windows since the very beginning. A quick and complete fix would be much appreciated!

Looks as if 8.0.5 does not yet correct the minimize issue. I’ve been a Cubase user on PC since the very beginning, and I’ve never had any issue with window management prior to the release of Cubase 8. A complete and quick fix would be much appreciated. This is having a deleterious effect on my daily work flow.

“deleterious” ?
Please explain how or why this relatively minor issue is so injurious.

I frequently switch between Cubase and other applications in my work flow. I like to work with Cubase maximized. Previously, I would simply minimize then restore Cubase when moving to my NLE or other program. Now, orphaned windows are left behind here and there. It’s very minor to handle, but when repeated dozens of times in a day, the time and inconvenience to add up.

So is the right click>minimise that difficult? I agree I would rather a button - but the right click is not going to slow you down that much. It restores in the normal way.
I have found that if you configure you workspace so that, for instance, the mixer/Arrange Page top ends under the menu bar so you can click directly on to the menu bar (I have it on my second monitor with the mixer) and save it in Add Workspace. Plus you can recall that configuration in other projects. Then when you want to minimise one right click>minimise on the menu bar will do it. Otherwise with a fully expanded window it is two right clicks, one to get roid of the mixer and one to minimise the project. The thing is even with a minimise button if you Arrange page/Mixer was fully expanded you would still have to minimise that to minimise the project.