MINOR BUG?: Mod Wheel only responsive to the 1st slot....

When loading programs in the 2nd, 3rd and so on slots, I find that the modulation wheel is not graphically responding to the modulation changes during playblack of MIDI parts in Cubase 6.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Its not a major issue but it would help me if its fixed…

Dear Daniel,

many thanks for your information.

I can confirm this bug.

:bulb: Bugbase [3817]

This bug will be solved within the next patches.

Hi Marcus. Is there a way we, the users can view the bug base? I would like to see what has been noted to watch for in upcoming updates.

I am sorry, this is not possible.

When using my external MIDI keyboard to play samples in the slots, I found that even though you select slots 2 3,…etc, to play the samples in those slots, you have to go back to cubase and select the midi channel there associated with the Hal4 channel number (A1 , A2, A3 etc). If you stay in Hal4, however many slots you have loaded, the patch that plays from my keyboard is the one currently selected in cubase.
It would be great to select the slot in Hal4 and test it with my keyboard without having to go to cubase to change the channel assignment. Or have I missed something?
WD.

I also have the same issue too. :angry:

Try posting this in a separate thread so the mods can defintely see it. :wink:

+1. Here too.

Hi @ all,

I will take an eye on this as well.
I think this issue is in the addiction of the previous known bug. [3817]

Thanks Marcus. Please list this problem fix in the first HAL4 upgrade.
DW

Me too!
I can confirm that the visualisation of the Modwheel and Pitchbend status is hardwired to MIDI-channel A1. So you won’t have any graphical feedback of the current Controller status for all the other channels. Altough the musical behaviour is correct!
As this is “only” a graphical problem we decided to not fix it at least in the forthcoming bugfix release. Sorry!!!

This behaviour is currently by design and has always been that way (e.g Halion 3) . A selection made in the Slot Rack of HALion will indicate only which program to display in the editors to be able to edit it.

In Cubase however, a selection in the “Tracklist” will also affect the incoming MIDI data by applying the settings made in the Cubase Inspector ( e.g. MIDI Channel).
Anyway! We noticed that this behaviour needs an improvemant too and its on our feature request list already. Unfortunately changes have to be made in HALion and Cubase to make it work, so don’t expect any improvements too soon.

best regards
Gerrit

This behaviour is currently by design and has always been that way (e.g Halion 3) . A selection made in the Slot Rack of HALion will indicate only which program to display in the editors to be able to edit it.

In Cubase however, a selection in the “Tracklist” will also affect the incoming MIDI data by applying the settings made in the Cubase Inspector ( e.g. MIDI Channel).
Anyway! We noticed that this behaviour needs an improvemant too and its on our feature request list already. Unfortunately changes have to be made in HALion and Cubase to make it work, so don’t expect any improvements too soon.

best regards
Gerrit[/quote]

I am wondering if this is still on the agenda for future incorporation? It would be real nice to able to play my external keyboard on a selected patch in the slot rack without having to rely on Cubase matching up midi channel wise to get proper playback.

Thanks!