minor fingering layout issue

Hi,

I LOVE the new fingerings feature. One layout issue I encountered is when a fingering is combined with a tuplet and a slur, the first and last fingerings of the tuplet are always above the tuplet bracket, but the others are beneath. I can fix it by choosing the Slur-relative position as inside the slur, but it still is odd, it seems the setting is treating tuplet brackets the same way as slurs, so we get fingerings way above the rest. This is a readability issue. Again it’s minor since there is a workaround, but it is inconvenient to have to do this for every tuplet in my case, since I’m making a scale warmup that has LOTS of tuplets in it.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot we can do about this in the short term. Fingerings will go outside the ends of slurs by default, even if that also means going outside tuplets. In the future I hope we’ll be able to introduce some further granularity here.

Hi again,

I realize I was unclear. The problem occurs when the slur is below the notes, and the tuplet is above. In this case, the fingerings are above the tuplet even though there is no slur to worry about interfering with.

Attached screenshot shows the issue.

Thanks!

Yes, unfortunately at the point at which the fingering position relative to slurs/tuplets etc. is calculated, it doesn’t know whether the slur is above or below the staff.

ok thanks. I have an easy workaround, and only need to do it once, so it’s certainly not a big deal, I’m just used to Dorico being mouth-wateringly perfect, which is a totally unfair standard you all have set for yourselves :slight_smile: