Missing Audio Files

I’m new to Halion and have just installed Halion Sonic 2 as well as Cubase 7.5 and have added the absolute VST Instrument Collection as well. The trouble I’m having is some times when I try to load a program into the rack, in Halion, I get an error message stating that “Some audio files are missing. Please check installation.” Do I need to reinstall Halion or the VST collection or is there some other problem I need to address.

Any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated. :smiley:

Gerard

all the vstsounds located on the dvd’s should be copied to the location on the harddrive where the other vstsounds are installed and that should fix your problem. Probably some of them were not copied during the install for some reason. Best is to search on the dvd’s for ‘vstsound’ to find them all since they are located on various places.

kind regards,
R.

Hi,
I can confirm Roels answer. I have recently re-installed everything on my computer; Windows 7, Cubase 7.5, Halion 5 etc. I found out I was missing some sounds as well, mainly in the Halion 4 Factory set. I did as Roel wrote above, when windows asked what to do with the files that were identical, I chose skip.
I solved my problems after copying all VSTsounds from my 2 Halion DVDs that I got with Cubase 7. There were quite some libraries that were not on the Halion content dvd iso that you can download in the Cubase 7.5 section.

No everything works like a charm and I have total of 21 libraries and 5876 instruments in Halion 5.