Missing audio waveforms

Hello,

I just loaded up an old project and some of the audio tracks are missing the audio waveforms.
Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 19.57.27.png
Any idea how to force Cubase (9.5 Pro) to to redraw the waveforms?

Many thanks,

Mark.

Does the event play any sound? to me it looks like the file is missing

Happens to me almost each project for years (sinse ver 8 up to latest 9.5).

This seems to be absolutely random thing but happens usually with busy projects (lots of offline processing, warping and cuts). You can work on the project and boom - some of waveforms are gone and will show up only if you zoom in very close (file still plays with no problem) or bounce the clip.
I got used to this but would be cool if Steinberg fixed the problem.

@svennilenni Thanks. Yes the audio plays back just fine.

I may have discovered a fix - simply highlight the “missing” events and choose a new colour.

I should have said that MIDI events also disappeared however this fix also corrects the issue.

Cheers,

Mark.

That fixed it for me. I have the same problem with MIDI clips. This is a bug that needs to be fixed. It’s annoying having to go change the color to fix the display of the MIDI recording.

The same have happened to me just now. What I did was press “presets” in the preferences. This doesn’t happen before on the same machine, I have different windows though. I had Ultimate, now I have Home Basic. Does it counts? Cubase 9.5.41, changing color of the track helps.

Workarounds [CAN-12379] Cubase 9.5 not showing recording waveforms - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

There is a message that it is fixed, but it’s not.