Missing beats and doubled-up bar numbers?

Please see attached project where bar three is strange in two ways.

1. It’s supposed to be 12/8, but is only allowing 10 eighth notes.
  2. It’s supposed to be bar #3, but it’s showing as a second bar #2.
    Bug?
    Thanks.

Sorry, invalid file name first time (“12/8” bar) so didn’t upload. Here it is now.
Question about missing beats.dorico.zip (472 KB)

I’m afraid there is no project attached. Anyway, this issue seems a bit like an echo of Complex time signature errors when reopening file - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

It may or may not be similar to the thread that Pjotr’s linked to. Please zip up and attach the project.

Attached above.

This project doesn’t utilise alternating time signatures, so it’s unlikely to be related to the thread that PjotrB linked to.
Did you type these bars into a new Dorico project from scratch, or import them as MusicXML from another program?

From scratch.

Incidentally, this happened to me again just yesterday in another piece. I just wanted to make a 2/4 bar into a 3/4 bar. I tried to just change the time sig, but it didn’t work smoothly. I had to delete the entire bar first, then add it back in as a 3/4 bar. Even then, it still wanted to be a default 4/4 bar followed by a 1/4 mini-bar. After I deleted the mini-bar :wink: it was fine.

You really should find that provided you have Insert mode switched on when you create the new time signature, the bar in which the time signature is added will correctly add up to the length of the new time signature.