Missing Category Templates

I’ve tried reinstalling WaveLab 11 and I still cannot find the category templates that are supposed to be in the startup assistant as well as the Template Tabs in the different file categories. Clicking on Explore in a Tab shows an empty templates folder:
Users<***>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 11\Presets\Templates\
Does anyone else have this problem? I thought Steinberg provided some different out of the box templates with the install.

Don’t you see this?

Hi, PG1

Thanks for your reply. No, I do not see these templates. I did an uninstall and re-install of WaveLab 11 and the templates do not show up as in your screen shot, nor are they in the templates folder.

Do you have this setting?

Yes, this exact setting as it appears in your screen shot.

Then, on a clean install, you find the presets there:
\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 11\Presets\Templates
But this folder does not exist at all, or is empty?

The Templates folder is there but it is empty. Read in the forums about others having this issue back in Wavelab 9 era. The install was not keeping the templates and moving them to the newer WaveLab templates folder, so you had to copy them over yourself. I looked in my WaveLabs 10 folder and there were no templates there either. So I guess I need to get Steinberg to send me the files.

Hi!

Can it be some security settings hidden files for some reason ?
Is this on Windows or OSX ?

regards S-EH

That’s a good question. I don’t believe that a template would be an executable file, though. I am on Windows 10, and the folder is in the AppData/Roaming folder.

Here they are:
Templates.zip (31.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you, PG1 !

Happy New Year

Thank you for initial input, however your templates seem to be outdated compared with current edition (Wavelab 11).

All the templates showing on attached picture are missing from Wavelab Elements 11.1. (PC Windows 11)
On my system, the folder Wave and AudioMontage are empty. Otherwise, I may have to used the options suggested by @PG1 .
Thank you anyway