Missing Dynamics

I’m writing a big band chart, and the letter dynamics (p, mf, etc.) seem to be missing. I’ve attached a screenshot of the dynamics panel on the right, and as you can see, under Immediate Dynamics, the words are there (submit, possibile, etc.), but the letter dynamics are not.

This being a jazz chart, I’m using the Petaluma font. Is that the reason? Is there something I have to do to load Petaluma dynamics fonts?

I hate to bother you all with something like this, because I’m sure it’s something obvious, but I’ve looked everywhere I can, and I can’t find any mention of it at all.

Thanks much.

MissingDynamics.png

Have you restarted your computer since you updated Dorico?

Yes, Leo, first thing I tried. No joy.

It does look like a font issue. You’ve reloaded the document after choosing Petaluma and saving?
Do the dynamics appear in the score if you use the popover to enter them? (“Shift D”, followed by “mf” or similar)?

The doc is a couple months old, and I’ve been working on it on and off that whole time. So yes, the document has been reloaded often.

And no, the dynamics don’t appear at all in any way, either in the score or over in the dynamics panel, and I can’t enter new ones. Trying to do that was how I became aware there was a problem.

Although I’m not absolutely positive about this, I think that I had already put the dynamics in up to the point that I had worked on it, because that is my normal workflow. And now they’re gone.

Thanks for your questions.

OK, I found it. I had to reset the Dynamic Music Text font to Petaluma; it had somehow reverted to, well, nothing - no font set.

As soon as I did that, the dynamics immediately reappeared.

Thanks to benwiggy and pianoleo for offering your thoughts.